The Story Behind The Bottles

It all started with a bottle of wine. Just one.
And then a couple of beers. That's all it took, and I was hooked.
No, not on the alcohol... on upcycling and bottle art!

Upcycling is turning trash into treasure. 
Or in a more proper manner: altering the disposable portion of a previously used product, resulting in the creation of an entirely new product for either practical or ornamental use.

I totally just made that up.

Have you ever heard the saying:


It's absolutely true and Oh Boy, have I got some stories to back it up! And here's one:

I decided that Bottle Art was going to be my thing, and I was very excited about it. Not only is Pinterest overflowing with ideas, but I had several of my own that I couldn't wait to try.

I figured I had better ask my friends to save their wine bottles, because if it had been up to to me, I'd only have about three bottles a year. But I didn't even have to ask. The Universe was listening!

Out of absolutely nowhere, my husband brought home two boxes of empty liquor bottles. Various brands, various colors, shapes and sizes. They were found discarded in a recently vacated apartment on the property where he works. 



This is only half of the collection that awaits my attention. Once they are de-labeled and washed, they'll be relocated to a shelf in my crafting room, where they'll eventually get a makeover. Below is a picture of the other half, stored in a milk crate, because all of my other shelves are full!


Thank you, Universe!

I guess you'll have to keep your eye on my shop to see what developes! Follow Stacee's Random Whatnot facebook page for regular updates.


2 comments:

  1. Very cool. I have a friend in Alabama whose wife does pottery and he uses the kiln to melt (flatten) bottles as art, trays etc. I saw your page listed in BlueRose Designs Fan Page Friday then had to read your post about the bottles. Nice to find you there and to see you are a blogger too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patricia! I have seen flattened bottles before, and I've wondered how they did that... thanks for cluing me in on the secret! Wish I had a kiln. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete