My First Candle Holder



The Moon & Stars Candle Glass


One of my favorite creations is this Tealight Candle Holder. I loved it so much when it was finished that I decided not to sell it and kept it for myself! I'm certain that one day I'll make another one specifically for my Etsy store. Someday

It started it's life as a plain and simple glass from the candle aisle of the craft store, but they're also sold in just about any retail outlet, you can often find them at the thrift shop and the dollar store. 

I cut small geometric shapes from various colors of vellum scrapbook paper. Vellum is awesome! It's translucent, so it lets light from a candle glow through the color.

I used a bright yellow for the moon and stars. Then surrounded them with a very pale blue. Everything else was covered in dark navy blue. The paper was glued on with Mod Podge. When it was complete, I brushed the entire thing with another coat of Mod Podge. Finally, it was sealed with an acrylic finish.

It very much resembles stained glass, and that was my intention. This was my very first paper mosaic project, made right after my first experiment with decoupage, the Victorian Vase.

No comments:

Post a Comment