Is That Yarn... Alive?

I was taking a long and leisurely stroll through Facebook one day, when I spotted a photo in my Etsy group that gave me a case of the giggles. I may have even snorted a bit, but that's neither here nor there.


Perhaps the only people who would find this meme so comical are the yarn crafters who have lived this very experience. I tend to believe that every yarn crafter has done it.

C'mon Yarnies, even if you haven't squashed a piece of yarn under your foot, you know you've at least tiptoed around one while trying to ascertain if it had legs!

But here's the question of the day... have you ever done the opposite?

One recent day my family left to run some errands around town, while I stayed behind in service to my housework: changing linens, doing laundry, straightening up untidy rooms, etc. You know the drill.

Several times I passed over a small fragment of brown yarn on the bedroom carpet. I paid it no mind, knowing that I would eventually suck it up into the vacuum. However, each time I passed it, this meme came to mind and I chuckled.

Once or twice I even spoke to the thing, saying "You are not a bug, you are just a piece of yarn".

Until one passing, when my foot grazed the thing, and it wiggled!!

It was not a small fragment of brown yarn, but a small brown worm! It had apparently escaped the confines of a nearby potted plant, whose soil had come directly from my summer garden.

Where's the meme for that?


No comments:

Post a Comment